Working in a partnership with our communities, our diocesan schools will be distinctly Catholic, academically excellent and fiscally stable.
Brain-compatible Learning and Teaching are cornerstones of Cathedral's outstanding curriculum.
The Cathedral staff is committed to providing an excellent Catholic education and academic programs through C.L.A.S.S., a brain-compatible research-based educational consortium and through NAEYC, the National Association for the Young Child.
- Cathedral standardized testing results are consistently in the top 10-15% of the nation.
- Cathedral students participate in an accelerated math program, providing them with the opportunity to advance to higher levels of math in high school and college.
- Cathedral students in Gr. 2-8 have one on one devices for technology;
- The Cathedral Early Childhood Center is the only state-licensed, nationally accredited, and faith-based early childhood center in the city of St. Joseph.
Brain-Compatible Instructional Model as the academic foundation
Faith opportunities and service projects
- Students participate in small Christian communities focused on learning and applying life skills, problem-solving, and character education.
- Students in Gr. 4-8 are paired with the younger students as buddies accompanying them to Mass, helping with projects, reading to each other, and taking joint study trips.
- Students have regular leadership and service opportunities by being Kindergarten aides, Safety Patrol members, Mass servers, and serving at the Open Door Food Kitchen.
- Students support parish outreach ministries, including such activities as the Advent, Can War, the Christmas Angel Tree, and St. Joseph’s Day Table & Dinner for the elderly and needy parishioners and the parish food pantry.
- Students support community service/nonprofit organization, such as the Noyes Home, Children’s Mercy Hospital, Special Olympics, the Northwest Children’s Advocacy Center, and the Leukemia & Lymphoma Association
Health & Wellness Focus
- Students begin each day with a morning walk.
- Students are provided with their own individual water bottles.
- The school lunch program offers a salad bar three days a week.
- Project Fit America donated $10,000 for an indoor fitness program.
- Children’s Liturgy of the Word
- Handbell choir
- Youth Choir
- School of Religion
- Vacation Bible School